Peer2Peer and One2One Coaching for CEOs of privately held businesses who want to build the equity value of their enterprise while creating a better life/work balance.
- Finders, Minders & Grinders: What’s Your Role?November 4, 2018 - 4:38 pm
A LEVERAGEDWISDOM Member, founder and managing partner of a prominent accounting firm, once described his workforce as divided among Finders, Minders and Grinders. In the context of a professional services firm one can quickly imagine what these roles entail:
- Enough With The Shovel: A LEVERAGEDWISDOM InsightOctober 14, 2018 - 7:26 pm
We all know the rule of holes…if you’re in one, stop digging!
- Success as a Blind Spot, No Lessons LearnedSeptember 27, 2018 - 9:49 am
Most entrepreneurs are smart and if nothing else, resilient. Their tolerance for pain and risk would impress a US Navy Seal.
- Purple? No. Meet For Drinks? Yes!July 15, 2018 - 4:14 pm
Twelve CEOs were staring at six bottles of nail polish I had placed on the conference room table. (Two women and ten men were participating in their monthly LEVERAGEDWISDOM peer learning meeting. I asked the women to hold their answers.) Raising one small clear glass bottle filled with nail polish, I asked, “What color is […]
- If You Run Your Business as Though You’re Going to Sell It, What’s the Number?June 28, 2018 - 1:39 am
As an entrepreneurial CEO, owner, how do you benchmark your performance and that of your company as you go through the stages of growth and meet your “lifestyle” aspirations? If you’re like some CEOs I know, you may find yourself in an “entrepreneurial comfort zone,” where you lead and manage the business to the point […]
- Stand on your desk!!! Get behind the counter!!! Break down the walls!!! You’re boring!!!!May 18, 2018 - 3:43 pm
A CEO’s perspective and vision are often defined by their routines. So, it is useful for them to break their routines in order to gain new perspectives. Example: Stand on your desk!!!
- Process Choke Point: Indecision is a Decision.February 15, 2018 - 8:10 pm
Being CEO/Owner means you have to make decisions in a timely and effective manner. Yes or No…Heads or Tails…Left or Right. At LEVERAGEDWISDOM, we’re all for a well-researched thoughtful measured decision making process that’s inclusive of others. After all we are a CEO/Owner peer learning organization; but, at the end of the day…somebody has to […]
- Choke Points #1: Person, Position or ProcessJanuary 11, 2018 - 7:44 pm
At LEVERAGEDWISDOM we work on our Member CEO’s choke points often leading to unusual action steps. In military strategy, choke points are geographical features; such as bridge, valley, or strait which an army or navy is forced to pass through. The choke point increases vulnerability, decreases combat power and compromises the ability of a unit […]
- What’s the expiration date on your business?December 3, 2017 - 4:50 pm
“We tackle the tough questions that keep owners of privately held businesses up at night.” Richard Lavin The stark reality is that there is life cycle to everything. At some point even the greatest waterway has to be widened (the Panama Canal). A company built on rock-solid chemistry is blindsided by digital process (Kodak). A […]
- Choose One At Your Peril: The Disciplines of Market LeadersOctober 12, 2017 - 7:19 pm
The Discipline of Market Leaders became a much revered business book in the mid-90s. At LEVERAGEDWISDOM the book generated vigorous discussion and ultimately disagreement with the authors. Michael Treacy and Fred Wiersema claimed that market leadership derived from choosing one of three disciplines; operational excellence, product leadership or customer intimacy. To attempt to master all […]